UPDATED. 2024-02-27 09:17 (화)
Entegris and Versum Materials to merge
Entegris and Versum Materials to merge
  • JY HAN
  • 승인 2019.02.07 17:44
  • 댓글 0
이 기사를 공유합니다

The birth of a large semiconductor material company worth 10 trillion won

Entegris, a specialist in semiconductor materials in the US, and Versum Materials announced on April 29th (local time) that they will unify as a merger of equals based on the unanimous decision of each company’s board of directors. This will create a semiconductor material company worth 10 trillion won ($9 billion).

Entegris shareholders will own 52.5% of the merged company, and Versum Materials shareholders will own the remaining 47.5%. The name of the merged company will be Entegris. Among the nine directors of the merged company, five will be from Entegris and four will be from Versum. Entegris CEO will be Bertrand Loy, CEO of the former Entegris. However, the Chairman of the merged company’s board of directors will be Seifi Ghasemi, CEO of Air Products and Chemicals and Chairman of the board of directors of Versum. The merger is expected to be completed in the second half of this year.

Entegris is a company with a market value of $4.4 billion. It employs around 3,500 people worldwide. Last year's sales were $1.6 billion. The main products are special gas for ion implantation, pollutant removal solution, chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) slurry particle analysis solution, gas purification system, pollution control, material treatment, and wafer carriers.

Versum Materials is a company that was separated from Air Products and Chemicals, a special gas company, in October 2016. It supplies most materials for semiconductor special processes except for various deposition materials, cleaning materials, and CMP slurry. The market value is $3.5 billion, with sales of $1.4 billion in the fiscal year 2018. It employs more than 2,200 people worldwide.

Bertrand Loy, CEO of Entegris, expected that "the merged company to be able to help its customers achieve higher yields and new levels of performance and reliability."

삭제한 댓글은 다시 복구할 수 없습니다.
그래도 삭제하시겠습니까?
댓글 0
계정을 선택하시면 로그인·계정인증을 통해
댓글을 남기실 수 있습니다.

  • 515, Nonhyeon-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 4F, Ahsung Bldg.
  • 대표전화 : 82-2-2658-4707
  • 팩스 : 82-2-2659-4707
  • 청소년보호책임자 : Stan LEE
  • 법인명 : The Elec Inc.
  • 제호 : THE ELEC, Korea Electronics Industry Media
  • 등록번호 : 서울, 아05435
  • 등록일 : 2018-10-15
  • 발행일 : 2018-10-15
  • 발행인 : JY HAN
  • 편집인 : JY HAN
  • THE ELEC, Korea Electronics Industry Media Prohibiting unauthorized duplication,publishing,modification and distribution the material on this Site for any purpose.
  • Copyright © 2024 THE ELEC, Korea Electronics Industry Media. All rights reserved. mail to powerusr@thelec.kr